Green Starburst Dress

Hello!  This starburst dress was a little tricky, but I’m pretty okay with the end result.

Dress Front (2)

I used leftover fabric from the Stylin’ Green Tail Vest.  There really wasn’t that much left over otherwise I would have made sleeves.  As it is, I was really having to be creative on laying out the pattern for the body of the dress, I barely had enough fabric.  BUT I am really sticking to my commitment I made earlier, with needed to get rid of almost all of my fabric before I am allowing myself to buy more.

Dress Back

Above is the back of the dress and below is another view of the front.

Dress Front

The pattern I used is shown below and is Butterick’s 5559.  I really do think the next time I make this dress, it will be with more of a ribbed knit fabric or something less thick.

Image result for butterick 5559

PUPPY UPDATE:

Photo Sep 05, 5 36 02 PM

This is how Rey is whenever I try to sew.

Photo Sep 05, 5 36 23 PM

And then Kylo always decides to join in.  You can see why earlier this summer it was near impossible to get any work done.

One thought on “Green Starburst Dress

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s