I just really couldn’t contain my enthusiasm any more! I am getting a serger and a dress form. I just ordered them last night and they will be here on Wednesday!
This is the serger that I am getting, he is a Brother 1034D 3 or 4 Thread Serger. (Trey and I are super amazon people.) I am so thrilled to be getting this! This is what is advertised that he comes with:
- Reliable, high performance 3/4 thread serger delivers professional edge finishing on a wide range of fabrics, including knits, linens and formal wear. Create ruffles, decorative edges, gathers; join laces; serge narrow sleeves, spaghetti straps, and more!
- 22 built-in stitch functions with 4-thread overlock, 3-thread overlock, narrow, rolled hem, and ribbon lock stitches, with specialty stitch functions for formal and bridal wear, home decor and crafts, heirloom and reinforced tape applications
- Differential fabric feed;for truly professional, even stitch quality, even on thin, knitted, and stretchy fabrics
- Easy to thread, easy to learn and use; with included instruction video, printed manual, and completely color-coded and numbered upper and lower looper threading. Includes free phone support for the life of the product, and a 25-year limited warranty
- Comes complete with 2 snap-on feet, foot controller, soft cover, needles and more. Uses standard sewing machine needles. Please note: This machine is not recommended for use in countries that do not support 120V AC, even if a voltage adapter is in use.
He has top notch reviews as well! I figured that I really didn’t need a 5 string because it would just be unnecessary for what I am thinking that I want to do with it.
This is the Dress form that I am getting as well! The brand is: Dritz My Double Dress Form, Small. The comments for it say that it is the exact same one that Joann Fabric’s sells but magically on Amazon it is cheaper. I was thinking that I would get a really nice non adjustable dress form, however I figured that I would want this to last as long as I can. Preferably I would love to stay a size 4/5, but who knows it might change once I have kids within the next 5-6 years. Plus with me starting to make clothes and costumes for friends I need to have it adjust to their sizes as well!
Thanks for reading my excitement!! I will post pictures on Wednesday about everything and more! I am so pumped for this!