IT’S FINALLY COMPLETE!! I’m super proud of these guys. The pattern I used was Butterick’s B5995. (As shown below.)
So first things first, the pants! These were pretty standard as far as pants patterns go. I did run into a few problems with these though.
Problem 1: I took in the side seams because it was way too baggy, but then I needed to put in a small slit at the bottoms to make my calves fit through comfortably. You can kinda see the slit in the picture below on my right leg.
Problem 2: Something is just really weird with the crotch zipper. So to fix that I created my own zipper flap by just folding over one side of fabric by the zipper and sewing. The flap is just big enough to cover the zipper. That fixed the main problem with them, however I am still self conscious about it.
NEXT UP!! The Pencil Skirt 😀
There honestly wasn’t too many problems with this guy other than the front panel against the grain stretch of the fabric so it kinda points out at the hem, but I’ve pretty much fixed that problem by taking it in, which reduced the bulge. Out of this whole pattern this is my favorite piece because I think it turned out the best out of the three. (Plus it really makes your butt look spectacular!)
This guy still needs a lot of iron work to make things lay correctly, however I really wanted to post this as soon as it was completed. At first I was unsure of how I felt about the pablum, because I usually don’t like the way they look, but I think it looks good. I made this out of a really thick wool hounds-tooth material which is why it looks soo bulky compared to the skirt.
There was only one problem with this guy but I think it was for the better. If you look at the shoulders, there isnt supposed to be a puff sleeve… But while I was sewing the sleeves on, there was an access amount of fabric and I played around with both sleeves for a bit and I turned it into a puff sleeve.
Like I said earlier I’m pretty happy with how they turned out, but please let me know what you think! If I were to use this pattern again, I would give the pants a second try, and I would make the skirt in a smaller size, I really had to take it in A LOT from the size I normally make. (It is deceiving)
Thanks for reading everyone! If you like what you see, feel free to follow my blog!